Stewardship – Our Mission
We are a Stewardship Parish
So what does that mean? What IS Stewardship?
- The Christian steward is “One who receives Gods gifts gratefully, cherishes and tends them in a responsible and accountable manner, shares them in justice and love with others, and returns them with increase to the Lord”.
- Stewardship is a complete lifestyle, a life of total accountability and responsibility, acknowledging God as Creator and Owner of all.
- Stewards, as disciples of Jesus Christ, see themselves as caretakers of all of God’s gifts. Gratitude for these gifts is expressed in prayer, worship, offering and action by eagerly sharing these gifts out of love of God and one another.
- Stewardship is a way of life, a way of thanking God for all His blessings by returning – to Him – a portion of the time, talent and treasure allotted to us.
- Stewardship is caring.
- Stewardship is responsible management of our God-given resources of time, talent and treasure. It enhances our relationship with God and one anothe“Central to our human Christian vocations, as well as to the unique vocation each one of us receives from God, is that we be good stewards of the gifts we possess. God gives us this divine-human workshop, this world and Church of ours. The Spirit shows us the way. Stewardship is part of that journey”
The above is from Stewardship: A Disciple’s Response a Pastoral Letter from the US Conference of Catholic Bishops.
"As each one has received a gift, use it to serve one another as good stewards of God's varied grace." (Peter 4:10)
“The promotion of the practice of stewardship is important for the mission of the Church and for the spiritual well-being of each individual Christian. Everyone benefits from the sacrificial gift one makes of his time, talent and treasure.~ Pope Benedict XVI
God's generosity will never be outdone by our own.
Stewardship is as old as the Old Testament and an integral part of our faith today.
Holy Name and Saint Martin's are stewardship parishes, and we ask every member of our parish families to generously pledge their support to this important mission.